March 31, 2011

Graduate! na sana...



I am truly SAD. I am JEALOUS. I am REGRETFUL. 
Until now I have not graduated from college yet. It's been since 2008 that I should've gotten my diploma. But where I am now?, still trying to finish a degree at a University. I am TIRED. I want to QUIT now. My mind says to stop while my heart suggests to continue. My batch mates, most of them are already degree holder and some are license holder of different professions. 

I have never imagined that I will not finish college during the time I should've finished it. I entered college June 2004. I was kind-of-forced to take Nursing. I can still remember enrolling for BS Commerce but my mother told me to change it otherwise I would have to return to our province. So I then shifted to Nursing. I enjoyed the first 2 years of college. I had very good grades. Come my third year where Duties are part of the curriculum already, I started to feel my dislike with the course. I don't like the hospital settings. I hate the fact that I take care of sick people. I hate blood. I hate needles. I feel like instead of prolonging a sick person's life I can instead shorten it. I don't have focus while I'm on my duty. I was decided. I wanted to escape from it. And I can't find any ways to do that apart from getting a JOB. Thus, I applied for a job at a call center. I was hired. My parents didn't know what i did. I am supposed to be an incoming fourth year then.

After 2 years of working. I decided to go back to school. This time I took Financial Management, I am just on my 2nd year. Still have to take a lot of subjects. 

I don't know where am I directed! I am really tired. I am a WORKING STUDENT. I told myself that I have to earn a degree as soon as possible but I can't give up my job as well. I have my own bills to pay. And of course, I pay my own tuition fees. I don't want to ask my parents to send me back to school, they've spent so much during my Nursing days. I am old enough to support my self.

I can manage my time, but it's really tough. It's physically and mentally exhausting. There were times that I just found myself crying due to tiredness. I know GOD has good plans for me. I am just hoping I am going to the right direction. 

Bon Bon: Kaya mo Yan!


10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop regreting my friend, you don't have control of the past, don't let it control you by living in regrets. Don't quit! Don't get tired! You are on the direction. you're off to a good start now, and I am certain you're closer to success. Prayer, hardword and Patience my friend!

    Kaya mu yan BonBon! You are in my prayers!

    Cheers,

    Kira Permunien

    ReplyDelete
  3. kaya mo yan! working student din ako before. and namanage naman. go for your dreams! yakang yaka yan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. kaya mo yan bon, pray ka lagi. Ako rin naman nagsisi din kung bakit compscie kinuha kong course nagsisi man ako pro huli na. hehheheh

    ReplyDelete
  5. what ever happened... dont quit... ok..yan ang magiging matibay mong asndata as lahat...

    ReplyDelete
  6. no matter what happened... dont give up ok... tapusin mo yan... kung hindi.. hindi na kita papalo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been there. I want to share you my experience about this. I was in my last term in 2006 when I got a job in a call center. The reality of having a job and entering school is tough so I decided to quit school but it was too late for me to withdraw the subjects. It was in the early part of 2009 when I learned that school was revising the subjects. I didn't have second thoughts of finishing my degree. Else, I would go back to square one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Kira Permunian
    "Stop regreting my friend, you don't have control of the past, don't let it control you by living in regrets."
    Kaya mu yan BonBon! You are in my prayers!

    -- thanks so much Kira, you just don't know how much I appreaciate your comment. You're indeed my online bestfriend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @anciro: oo nga eh, lagi nasa huli ang pagsisisi. pero we have to move forward ika nga.

    @musingan:hehe, natuwa naman ako sa comment mo.. thank you so much. parang parent lang ang dating ah.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @erick: i like this part of your comment "The reality of having a job and entering school is tough"

    -- true! Thanks for sharing your experience too.. i hope i'll get to finish college as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete

Schengen Visa for Filipinos

  I'd like to share with you my experience in applying for a Schengen Visa. I submitted my application last March 12 and got the decisio...