February 21, 2011

Subject Code: Marketing 1

Good Day Folks. 

I decided to post this entry to help out my fellow students who may have been takin' up Marketing subjects right now. I have this homework about differentiating terminologies in Product Planning and providing examples for each. I have researched these information through the internet and textbooks. So I hope this would help. 


Product Line - a group of products with similar characteristics or uses manufactured by a single company. For example, Gerber's baby food is a line, just as Lady's Choice fruit preserves is another line.

Product Mix - is the total number or the full assortment of products offeredd for sale by a company. The structure of the product mix has dimensions for both width and depth. 

Product Width - refers to the number of product lines a manufacturer may produce or a middleman may carry. For example, a sari-sari store may carry food items, toys softdrinks, and others. 

Product Depth - the numbers of items within a product line as measured by the assortment of sizes, colors, models, prices offered. For example, a manufacturer of T-shirts carries different colors, sizes and styles.




7 comments:

  1. Sana makasali ka sa Pinoy Expat/OFW Blog Awards [PEBA] "Theme Slogan Making Contest" click the link below or copy paste in your browser for more details, asahan ko yan ha

http://www.pinoyblogawards.com/2011/02/peba-2011-slogan-making-contest.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. From this, I infer that you're an MBAer, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @kiko: sure: i will consider that.
    @erick: apparently i am not.. undergrad prin... takin banking and finance,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing. We have the same course but I already graduated in 2009. I kinda don't like it because I find it boring since I'm more inclined to law and languages. Now, I'm a QA supe in a call center. I just love coaching agents. Teaching is my passion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erick....nice To know that.actually I work in a Call center too.am a working stud

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ow, that's good. We always want to have a good taste of experience in getting a job in-line with our course but doesn't always happen with us here in our "beloved" country. What an ugly truth. But I think I'm happy with what I'm doing.

    ReplyDelete

Schengen Visa for Filipinos

  I'd like to share with you my experience in applying for a Schengen Visa. I submitted my application last March 12 and got the decisio...