February 13, 2011

Akeelah and The Bee

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure." - Akeelah ( Keke Palmer )

Akeelah and The Bee is and will always be one of my favorite movies of all time. I am in love with this movie. It was just by accident that I watched this film, I was just browsing through the channels when I chance to catch this on Star Movies, I wasn't even able to get it from the beginning. Since then, I have never forgotten this movie which is unusual for me. I am the type who will easily forget a movie, its theme - characters - lines and even the title. But Akeelah has a special mark in my mind and in my heart. 

Why? I ask my self this question for several times. I don't know the exact answer. I think it's because I have some fair-share of what the lead has experienced. Back in my elementary days, I was chosen to represent our school for the Spelling Bee. It was a tough selection process. I had lots of struggles. I did not end up victorious though. I love Akeelah as she is, how she is and how she view life. This has been a very inspirational movie. It's very honest. It's very unique. A little girl driven by her dreams has indeed made her successful inspite  of all the hindrances. 

A young girl from South Los Angeles tries to make it to the National Spelling Bee. 



"I'm not supposed to be afraid? ....Afraid of... me?"
"You know that feeling where everything feels right? Where you don't have to worry about tomorrow or yesterday, where you feel safe and know you're doing the best you can? There's a word for that, it's called love. L-O-V-E."

4 comments:

Schengen Visa for Filipinos

  I'd like to share with you my experience in applying for a Schengen Visa. I submitted my application last March 12 and got the decisio...