Call center people here's the TV Series that best fits us. This US TV series is indeed timely, entertaining and informative. It was able to showcase how cultural differences serves as a barrier to the clients and to those call center workers.The show tells how it is being surpassed and how to succeed despite the barrier.
Outsourced is an American sitcom that is set in an Indian workplace. It is based on the John Jeffcoat film of the same name and adapted by Ken Kwapis (In Cahoots Productions) and Universal Media Studios for NBC. The series was officially picked up by NBC on May 7, 2010.[ It premiered on September 23, 2010. On October 18, 2010, the show received a full season order by NBC. Outsourced is recorded in Studio City, Los Angeles.
Outsourced is set in a Mumbai, India call center, where an American novelties company has recently outsourced its order processing. A lone American manages the call center and must explain American popular culture to his employees as he tries to understand Indian culture.
CastThe show is centered around Todd Dempsy and a number of his employees working for the Mid America Novelties call center, as well other call center managers in the same building.
- Ben Rappaport as Todd Dempsy, a Kansas City native who is transferred to India to run the call center for Mid America Novelties.
- Rizwan Manji as Rajiv Gidwani, Todd's mischievous assistant manager at Mid America Novelties, who is hard-nosed and unapologetic and who aspires to be Todd's replacement (whether that happens due to either Todd's success or his downfall).
- Sacha Dhawan as Manmeet, a call center employee for Mid America Novelties, who dreams of America and American women and quickly becomes good friends with his boss, Todd.
- Rebecca Hazlewood as Asha, a call center employee for Mid America Novelties and love interest of Todd, who is frequently the voice of reason in the office and plans to pursue an arranged marriage.
- Parvesh Cheena as Gupta, a very talkative call center employee for Mid America Novelties, who constantly yearns to be the center of attention.
- Anisha Nagarajan as Madhuri, a shy and soft-spoken call center employee for Mid America Novelties whose income alone supports her entire family.
- Diedrich Bader as Charlie Davies, another American call center manager for the company All-American Hunter, whose gruff exterior hides a heart of gold.
- Pippa Black as Tonya, a flirtatious Australian call center manager for the company Koala Airlines, who is easygoing with a sense of adventure
The show has received mixed reviews, reaching a 46 out of 100 on review aggregator Metacritic. Joel Keller of TV Squad in a review of the pilot stated "As long as the show can examine the cultural divide, show how all offices are the same no matter where they are, and stay away from the easy jokes, NBC could have another Thursday comedy hit." Alessandra Stanley of The New York Times more positively stated, "The fact that it's neither embarrassing nor deeply offensive—once it gets rolling, the show is actually quite charming—is a credit to the cast and the writers."On November 15, 2010, NBC announced that Outsourced would begin following 30 Rock at 10:30/9:30c beginning January 20.
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars. It just made me wanna go to India, place and people seems very interesting.