March 30, 2017

Colors of Baguio

Processed with VSCO with hb2 preset
"Summer Breeze, makes me feel fine!"
I recently had a sweet escape in the Summer Capital of the Philippines, Baguio City. I booked a ticket online at the Victory Liner website for a 5 am trip, it was priced at P495 (including seat selector fee). At around 10:30 am, I arrived in the city. Prior to the trip, I've been able to book my hotel through TravelBookPH, I chose Chalet Baguio Hotel, and I got it at a bargain price.




The hotel staff were very accommodating and helpful (as I had a problem with my hotel booking), they let me check in as early as 10:30 am. They have unlimited coffee supply at the reception which you can also bring in your room. After I was able to freshen up, I went out for lunch. I opted to just walk around the city. SM Baguio is just 15 minutes away from the hotel. Although it's almost noon time, the weather was still cool.





On my way back to the hotel, I had a light lunch at Cafe by the Ruins, Dua. I tried out their Strawberry Italian Soda (P120), Cafe Leche Flan (P70) , and their Classic Tomato-Basil Pasta (220). They all tasted good but I love the Strawberry Soda the most. It's so refreshing and you can eat them fresh strawberries.
The cafe is just a 5 minute walk to the hotel. I rested for a bit and waited for my friend to arrive from La Union. At around 3pm, we did a quick tour in the city. We first went to SM Baguio, then crossed over to the Our Lady of the Atonement Cathedral and heard an anticipated mass.
IMG_3177
We proceeded to the crowded Burnham Park. I find it rather fascinating. I'm loving the weather even more, it was getting colder as the beautiful sun sets.




Our hungry tummy brought us to the 50's Diner's branch in Session Road. It is located in the 4th Floor of a certain mall. They have a big serving of food. So big it won't fit in their plate. I had Guys On The Hood (P130). It's a combination of pork chop, slice pizza, chicken, spaghetti and garlic bread, served with fries and vegetable. It tasted okay nothing extra ordinary. Tired from all the walking we rode a cab from SM to Chalet hotel for only P45. We slept early as we have a hectic schedule the next day.
IMG_2849
Chalet hotel offered a buffet breakfast instead of the plated one that day. I sampled all of their food offerings except the beef dishes (I don't eat beef). They all tasted good. I wouldn't know for sure but I guess Dulcinea caters the buffet and regular breakfast.
IMG_3175.JPG
IMG_3174.JPG
9 am. We hailed a taxi that brought us to Bell Church and the new attraction, Colors of Stobosa. They are just 3-5 minutes away from each other. Fare is 85 pesos. They are located in the boundary of La Trinidad and Baguio City. There are no entrance fees for both sites.




When you're are at the Bell Church, please be mindful of their rules and regulations. It is a Taoist Temple.




These colorful houses in Stobosa amazed me. I only wish that they have a proper viewing deck so tourists won't interrupt the people in the community.
IMG_3163
BenCab Museum
Our next destination was the BenCab Museum. The taxi driver offered a P500 fare from La Trinidad to the museum and back. He gave us an hour to explore the place. Entrance fee is P120.






We also tried Cafe Isabel. I ordered a Pesto Pasta (P200) and a Fresh Strawberry Shake (P150).
IMG_3178

Our taxi brought us back to the hotel. I opted to leave my bag as there still some spots we would love to visit. We had lunch at Chocolate de Batirol in Camp John Hay. I tried their Batirol Special Drink (P160) and their famous Turon (P90 for 3 pcs).
IMG_3180
From Camp John Hay, we rode another taxi to bring us to Mines View Park. We made sure to try out their Igorot costume for only P20 with unlimited picture taking. Before ending the trip, we went to Good Shepherd for some Ube and Strawberry Jam. They are priced at P210 (12oz) and P190 (8oz).
I've been to Baguio a lot of times already. But this was the first time I did a DIY style trip. We chose to ride taxi instead of regular commuting because we have limited time only. I took my bag from the hotel and boarded a 4:30 pm bus bound for Manila. I will sure be back again. Prolly next year and explore more of what Baguio has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Schengen Visa for Filipinos

  I'd like to share with you my experience in applying for a Schengen Visa. I submitted my application last March 12 and got the decisio...